MSCR will enhance the quality of life for individuals in the Madison Metropolitan School District and for the community by providing recreation and enrichment opportunities year-round that are accessible to all.
MSCR Key Strategies 2017-2020
1. Programs and Services Meet Needs of Our Diverse Community
- Deliver high quality programs meeting needs of diverse community members, supporting healthy, active families, youth and adults.
- Develop and implement more accessible and diverse models of program delivery to better meet community needs, utilizing existing resources.
- Utilize best practice, evidence based and nationally recognized program models/curricula.
- Develop and utilize a consistent, department wide process to obtain feedback from community members.
MSCR Recognized as Key to Quality of Life in Madison
- Assess information dissemination methods to ensure efficient, broad and intentional distribution.
- Adapt use of technology to maximize distribution of information.
- Utilize internal communication networks within MMSD.
- Intentional cross-over marketing and MSCR inter-team collaboration.
3. Relationships with Community and MMSD are Strong; MSCR Continues to be a Leader in the Community
- Develop & maintain mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Improve MMSD/MSCR connections & communication.
4. Sustainability and Capacity are Aligned to MSCR Priorities
- Plan for changes in funding sources and priorities
- Analyze work streams & processes for efficiency.
- Identify and manage capacity of staff, organization and facilities.
5. MSCR Staff and Volunteers are Culturally Competent, Skilled and Reflect Madison’s Diversity
- MSCR is competitive in the job market.
- Maintain a positive & supportive work climate.
- Recruitment efforts targeted to increase diversity.
- Provide professional development opportunities for full time and seasonal staff.
- Utilize best practices to recruit and retain staff & volunteers.